Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Things I should not do

I will be the first to admit, I'm kind of dumb. I do lots of things I shouldn't do. I go swimming right after meals, I don't reapply sunscreen, I wash light and dark clothes together. But the big one (for this hobby)? I wasn't spraying sealant with a respirator on.

Yeah I sort of figured since I only paint dolls once in a while and I only spray when I'm painting, if I do it outside and maybe hold my breath I'd totally be ok. Which is wrong. And dumb. Because sometimes when you think, hey this stuff smells like cancer, it's because it is slowly giving you cancer. Or other fun health problems. I am no stranger to health problems, or hospitals, or shit going wrong very quickly, and decided it was something I would like to avoid.

Tadah! Problem solved. No more cancer inhaling sealant spraying for me. I've already done some damage to my lungs from the years where I (infrequently but still dumbly) sprayed MSC or Dullcoat without any protection whatsoever. Hopefully that won't come back to bite me in the ass in 30 years. But for now, with my shiny new respirator in the mail and big plans for doll painting in the future, at least I have ease of mind that I'm not messing up my lungs when I'm working on my hobby. And also it masks the cancer smell. Cause seriously sealant just smells like a whole parade of lung cancer.

Happy (and safe) modding!
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment