Monday, November 5, 2012

Post Halloween-y Updates

That's right three more dolls up for sale at the Etsy shop! The Hindi princess Ghoulia repaint, the default repaint Rochelle Goyle, and the succubus Draculaura are up for sale!

For a refresher, here's what the Draculaura looks like:



She has a dress now, that she's totally sewn into. I don't think she'd be able to fit any clothes over the damn wings anyway. In any case, while she's totally neat looking and was a fun project, she gots to go. So I can have room on my damn dresser.

And this is why I don't do customs. I hate hate hate deadlines. And I hate painting for other people. It makes me nervous. Like hella nervous. Nervous enough to use the word hella. BUT my (second?) cousin loves these dolls and she knows I repaint them and it was also her 11th birthday and who am I to deny someone their dream doll? So I painted her a mermaid.



She is totally NOT sewn into her clothes. The tail and bra snap off and I even made her a party dress because sometimes a girl has to walk. I repainted a pair of shoes to go with it because fish need shoes sometimes too. She's bright and cute and colorful and my cousin looooooved her. And I haaaaated doing it. Too much stress. Too many deadlines. I get all wonky when I have to do things and then I just absolutely don't want to do them. This is my hobby, not my job. So I paint what I like and then hope someone else likes it enough to buy the damn thing. If not...then I guess I have a lot of display dolls.

Remember when I said the Rochelle repaint was my favorite? Nope screw her she's up for sale, cute as she is. This is the new favorite:



 My own little repaint of a Lagoona into a beta fish. She has fins glued on and I took that weird paint off her hands so her forearms are transparent because...fish. She's absolutely totally wall-eyed but I have come to the conclusion that I think it's just the damn sculpt. I've repainted two and Jamie's repainted one and they are just wall-eyed. Her eyes are too far apart maybe. Who knows. But she's cute and I love her and she's currently the favorite. So she doesn't get sold. Yet. We'll see. The deal was I got to repaint as many as I wanted as long as I only kept one and sold the others. I have a damn pile of bodies to paint including a Frankie (who is going to be Medusa complete with snakes), a black and white Frankie, a Robecca the steampunk one, an Operetta, another damn Cleo, and I am not sure what else. It's like four or five works in progress. So busy busy busy. In fact, since it is so nice out (albeit cold as a bugger) I am going to work on the Medusa. Hopefully I'll have a pile of more updates for Christmas-time!
Happy modding!
Sam

2 comments:

  1. Lagoona is the perfect name for the mermaid doll. You guys are geniuses! Your designs are just so different and creative but it carries the same appeal to doll lovers.

    Chris Jeffery

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m sure you and Abby will get along well. She looks like a very nice doll I love her long, thick blonde hair!

    Chris Jeffery

    ReplyDelete